Arometrix Fraction Finder figures out where components start and stop flowing to optimize separation. Making the short path distillation process more precise and repeatable, Fraction Finding helps take the guess work out. Someone running a distillation can make better decisions if they knew exactly where they were in the distillation process. Scientists have developed expertise in this area to the point where they know what to expect. The Arometrix Fraction Finder does that for you and will be your best friend in short path distillation.
Through innovative live distillate monitoring, Fraction Finding can help increase potency on every distillation pass. Now, you can forget the old ways of relying on guesswork and eyesight, and instead, identify the contents of a flow through a glass tube in real time.
This Fraction Finder can fit on size 24, 29 and 34 glass. For size 24, order the 24/40 adapter.
See your short path distillation better than ever before with this in-line molecule monitoring system.
The FRACTION FINDER is the first-of-its kind, built to assist laboratory technicians, consultants, and managers see what is in the materials they are distilling as they are distilling it. Through innovative in-line analytics, the FRACTION FINDER can detect the presence and relative purity of botanical molecules during short path distillation. This can help distillers increase purity, repeatability, and traceability on every distillation pass. Now, you can forget the old ways of relying on manual, subjective, and indirect methods to monitor fractions. Instead, directly identify the contents with scientific fraction monitoring.
DONT JUST DO YOUR PROCESS. KNOW YOUR PROCESS.
Knowing what is and isnt in your oil during the distillation is valuable insight. This information can be used to improve the process and ensure the highest possible distillate purity. Experienced technicians and managers can use this system to standardize their short path distillation and to train new staff. Novice technicians can use it to learn, understand, and optimize.
How does it work? The FRACTION FINDER system uses a spectrum of wavelengths over time to determine the relative purity of botanical oils as they are flowing through a glass tube. It utilizes a technology known as fluorometry, a spectroscopic method of measuring molecules based on how they interact with light.
What is it? The worlds first and only in-line molecule monitoring system for short path distillation. The system consists of a sensor and a display.
- Sensor: Think of this as the eyes of the system, as it contains an optical light pulse and detector. The sensor wraps around a glass tube then connects and transmits to the pole-mounted display.
- Display: Think of this as both the brains and face of the system, as this interprets the signal through an advanced compute module, and displays optical information that is correlated to relative oil purity present in the flow.
Every kit contains
- Fraction Finder Digital Display
- Fraction Finder Sensor (size 29 or 34)
- Power Supply
- Sensor Cable
- Light-Blocking tape
- Mounting Bracket Screw
- User Manual and Quick Start Guide
- 1-Year Warranty Card
Make smarter process decisions by using actionable short path distillation data.
Are you a Laboratory Technician eager to fine tune your craft?
- Increase distillate purity and consistency
- Gain in-line analytics and confirmation for distillation techniques
Are you a Laboratory Manager or Consultant preparing to train?
- Train new technicians more quickly with real-time visualizations
- Review run data with trainees using the Record and Export features
Are you a Laboratory Director or Owner trying to optimize operations?
- Partially automate the distillate and eliminate potential for human error
- Receive full reporting and traceability of every distillation run
<< FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS >>
Which fractions can the Fraction Finder detect?
- During short-path distillation, it can distinguish what is colloquially known as Heads, Main Bodies, and Tails. Click here for a list of molecules, such as Delta-9 and more.
What units of measure does the Fraction Finder digital readout use?
- The system uses Nanometers (nm) and Intensity (au).
Can the Fraction Finder sensor fit on size 24 glass?
- If you have size 24 glass, order our 24/40 adapter, which can fit a size 29 sensor.
What heat can the Fraction Finder sensor handle?
- The Fraction Finder sensor can handle around 100 degrees Fahrenheit. If you plan to exceed these limits, order one of our Hot Tech Adapters.
Does the Fraction Finder work the same as an HPLC?
- Both systems use spectroscopic analysis to identify chemicals. However, the type of spectroscopy that detection method and wavelength regime are different. The Fraction Finder operates uses fluorescence, whereas HPLCs utilize absorption.
Is the software upgradeable?
- Yes. And its free to update! We release updates every few months. The Fraction Finder software is updatable from the field and accessible via Arometrix.com/firmware/.